A few helpful wine hacks for the wine-lover (or wine-spiller)!
If you’re anything like me, there’s a chance you spill red wine exactly every time you drink it. And if you’re even MORE like me, (which would be pretty cool, let’s hang sometime), you have an entire room in your house that is dedicated to the color white. Which makes no sense, but I’m not going to call my mom out on that on such a public forum. How to neutralize those stains:
- Use white wine and baking soda to neutralize red wine stains. Soak the stain in white wine, cover the stain in a baking soda paste, leave on for a few hours, and then wash normally.
- Sprinkle kitty litter on a WET stain and press down to absorb it. Then vacuum the litter to avoid a mess.
No Wine Left Behind
Ever have leftover wine and nowhere to keep it? I am unfamiliar with this, as I believe “leftover wine” is just a terrifying urban legend. If you do have leftover wine (you magical unicorn, you) here’s what to do:
- Make ice cubes from leftover wine for cooking.
- Chill your wine quickly by wrapping the bottle in a wet towel and freezing it for a few minutes.
Our last two hacks are my favorites, primarily because I feel really cool when I get to say the word “aerates” (and they’re pretty helpful).
- Put your wine in a blender for 30 seconds to quickly aerate it (allowing air and wine to mix, bringing out the flavor of the wine).
- Use a coffee filter to filter out cork pieces from a wine that’s extra corky.
That’s all for today! Keep reading and sharing!