The weather is getting colder which means you’ll be stuck indoors. After you have binged watched every holiday movie, you start to think “hmm, what else can I do?” These 5 DIY holiday wine crafts are the perfect way to spend a snowy, cold day indoors decorating.
1. Wine Cork Christmas Tree Ornament
A simple way to reuse your wine corks! Here is what you’ll need:
- 3-4 wine corks
- Serrated knife
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Twine or ribbon for hanging
- Craft paint in choice of color
- Fine sheer or white glitter
- Use the serrated knife to cut your wine corks – you can usually get 3-4 slices from each cork.
- Line up the slices of your wine corks starting at the bottom – 4,3,2,1.
- Start gluing the slices together. You don’t need a lot of glue but enough to make sure that the sides stick together.
- Take half of a wine cork and slice that in half the long way. This will be your tree trunk.
- Glue that onto the “tree”.
- After the glue has dried, paint the corks green. As the paint is drying you can add some silver glitter!
- Then cut some ribbon and attach to the back of the tree with glue.
2. Wine Bottle Lights
Light up your space with these DIY wine bottle lights! You can choose to either go with a classic all white light look or make it colorful! Warning: this holiday wine crafts involves broken glass. Please be careful! What you’ll need:
- Empty bottle of wine
- String Christmas lights
- Safety goggles and gloves of some sort
- Rinse out and remove the label from your bottle.
- This is where the safety goggles need to come in. You will be dealing with broken glass. So PLEASE be careful. Take the screwdriver and place it into the indented part of the bottom on the bottle. Use the hammer and GENTLY tap the screwdriver to break a small hole in the bottom of the bottle.
- Once you have done this rinse out the wine bottle again to ensure that you don’t have any left over glass.
- Though the bottom of the bottle push in the lights. Since this is going to be sharp, use a spoon to push in the lights.
- Once the lights are in you can seal the bottom of the bottle with a strong tape.
3. J❄Y Wine Bottles
Bring some joy into your home decor with these DIY JOY wine bottles! What you’ll need:
- Empty wine bottles (3)
- Spray paint – you pick the color!
- Vinyl details (optional)
- Acrylic paint – again you pick the color!
- Floral and greenery that can be added into the bottles
- Ribbon and/or twine
- Clean and dry each bottle
- Spray paint the bottle with the color of your choice. Usually 2-3 coats is what you’ll need.
- If you want to, use the acrylic paint and paint J O Y on their respective bottles. The “O” can also be a snowflake.
- As that is drying add in your floral and other plant items into the bottles!
4. Wine Cork Wreath
Switch out your pine wreath or a wine cork wreath that you can use again and again! What you’ll need:
- Styrofoam wreath base
- Burlap ribbon
- Tan pipe cleaners
- Wooden toothpicks
- Glue gun & sticks
- Wine corks
- Fake cluster of grapes (optional)
- Wrap your styrofoam wreath base with the burlap ribbon
- Attach the inner ring of corks with the glue gun. Make sure your corks are close to each other but they don’t have to be touching. Note: if you don’t want to use hot glue or you want to make sure your corks don’t fall off, use toothpicks to hold them in place.
- Then start moving upward with the next ring of corks. Repeat until you have 3 cork rings.
- Now move to the outer part of the wreath. Start the same process of placing corks around the wreath until you have two lines. Note: There should be a gap between the first three you did on the inside and now the 2 on the outside.
- Fill in the gap with oddly shaped corks – like champagne corks!
- Now to create a different element start placing other corks vertically throughout the wreath. Note: have some of the corks have the wine stained part up this will give it a little bit of color as well.
- After you have put the corks around. You can add in some of the fake grapes. Just take them off the “vine” and glue them within the wine corks.
- Then create a burlap bow with the leftover ribbon and place on the top of the wreath
5. DIY Wine Cork Christmas TreeMake a show stopping Christmas centerpiece with this DIY holiday wine craft! What you’ll need:
- 150+ wine corks (You can purchase wine corks if needed)
2 paper mâché open bottom cones in varying sizes:
- 10.63”x 4”
- 13.75” x 5"
- Hot glue gun & extra glue sticks
- Battery operated string lights
- Holiday thin ribbon
- Bow tree topper
- Start with the largest cone. Start placing the wine corks vertically and with a little bit of space between them. Make sure that the bottom row does not hang off of the cone since it will need to stand up. Note: Do NOT add corks to the very top of the cone.
- Repeat on the medium sized cone.
- Once both are dry add the medium sized cone on top of the larger one. Secure into place with hot glue
- Start to string your lights through the spaces you left between corks. Starting from the bottom so the battery pack can be hidden under the cone.
- To give your “tree” a fuller look add more corks after the lights. You can continue in a symmetrical pattern or place them randomly.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and place it on top!