Wine and cheese go together like PB + J! However, you want to be strategic about what wine you pair with your favorite cheese, since some cheeses are just PERFECT with certain wines. So, what is the best wine and cheese pairing according to you? When we surveyed the Bright Cellars employees many said their favorites would be Cabernet Sauvignon and aged cheddar or Sauvignon Blanc and goat cheese! But, you can’t really go wrong with any pairing on the list.
The ResultsThe results are in! The best pairing, according to you, is…
- 35.0% of respondents said their favorite cheese + wine pairing is Cabernet Sauvignon + Aged Cheddar.
- 19.4% of respondents said their fav cheese + wine pairing is Pinot Noir and Brie.
- 16.8% of respondents said their go-to cheese + wine is Sauvignon Blanc and Goat Cheese.
- 11.4% of respondents said their fav cheese + wine pairing is Sangiovese + Parmesan.
- 6.5% of respondents said their favorite cheese + wine pairing is Chardonnay + Havarti.
- 5.6% of respondents said their go-to cheese + wine pairing is Pinot Grigio and Mozzarella.
- 5.1% of respondents said their fav cheese + wine pairings is Riesling + Blue Cheese.
Wine and cheese are such a great together because they elevate each other's flavors! But it is important to pair the right cheese with the right wine. You'd want to avoid pairing a Cabernet Sauvignon with a soft cheese, because the aged and full-bodied Cab goes better with an aged harder cheese.
If you’re hosting and looking to make the perfect appetizer, a cheese board is simple and a crowd favorite! Use this simple guide to get you started on how to craft the perfect cheese board. Another fun tip, make little signs that say which cheese is paired best with which wine, that way your guest’s don’t have to guess. We also also Bright Cellars Instagram followers this same question. Here are some of our favorite responses:
- This is cheating but truffled Brie and Champagne.
- If cheese and wine are involved I’m happy.
Many of the responses were similar to the Glass Half Full survey. Cabernet Sauvignon + Aged Cheddar were on the top of the list of most voted for.