Last week we asked about Old World wine regions, so to make sure we’re spreading the love, this week we wanted to know your thoughts on New World wine. We asked our Bright Cellars’ community, “which New World wine region do you want to visit next?” and here are the results.
- 24.5% of respondents would visit Marlborough, New Zealand.
- 20.6% of respondents said Willamette Valley, Oregon.
- 18.4% of respondents would go to Napa Valley, California.
- 15.2% of respondents prefer Mendoza, Argentina.
- 14.1% of respondents would travel to Sonoma County, California.
- 14.1% of respondents chose Colchagua Valley, Chile.
We also asked our Bright Cellars Instagram community and got some additional New World travel recommendations:
- South Africa!
- New Zealand… I’m planning a trip next spring!
As a reminder, New World wines are from North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and China. New world wines are generally heavier-bodied, fruity, and ripe. Usually they have higher alcohol content and lower tannins.
If you’re looking for more wine travel inspiration, we’ve rounded up our favorite 5 picturesque wine regions to visit this summer! If you care less about views and more about exploring the unexplored and tapping into upcoming wine destinations, check out 5 hidden gem wine regions.
IN VINO FINITO
Have any wine travel recommendations? Drop them in the comments!