When do you open your wine? Sometimes it all depends on the reason you bought the wine. Maybe you just need a Friday night “wine-down”, or you’re getting it for a special occasion! We asked our Bright Cellars coworkers this question as well and one thing was clear: It varies! Sometimes they save their bottle for a special event they have on the weekend. Or sometimes, they are so excited about the vino that they open it right away.
The ResultsSo, how soon do you drink your wine after purchasing? Here are the results:
- 49.8% of respondents said that it varies when they open their wine.
- 22.1% of respondents said they open their bottle within 1-2 weeks.
- 13.3% of respondents said they open their wine within 2-3 days.
- 9.0% of respondents said they open their bottle within 24 hours.
- 4.6% of respondents said they like to age their wine.