Here at Bright Cellars we like tasting new, interesting wines, but we also have our favorites we reach for no matter the occasion or season. Which got us thinking: What's your go-to red wine? When we asked around the office most people said it is between Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir. Who can blame them for thinking that? Those are some of the best known grape varietals in the world.
The ResultsThe Bright Cellars’ employees got it right again this week! It’s like they work at a wine company or something?! Here is the top red wine varietals according to you:
- 41.7% of respondents said their go-to red wine is Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 26.9% of respondents said their favorite red wine is Pinot Noir.
- 11.4% of respondents said their go-to red varietal is Syrah or Shiraz.
- 10.7% of respondents said their favorite red wine is Merlot.
- 5.5% of respondents said their go-to red wine is Tempranillo.
- 3.9% of respondents said their favorite red wine is Garnacha or Grenache.
- Pinot Noir or a good Malbec!
- Malbec or Carmenere for me!
- Umm Cab obviously!
Right now our favorite Cab is Bright Cellars' Grasp and Grabble Cabernet Sauvignon from Santan Ynez Valley in CA. This Cab features flavors of figs, dates, black currant, and plum. As well as flavors of vanilla and baking spices!
Things to Remember
While red wine does have a lot of great health benefits it is important to remember to only drink it in moderation! Also, make sure you use these tips to prevent wine teeth as well. It is also important to keep trying new things! If there is a red wine on the list that you haven’t tried, reach out to our Wine Concierge Team at email@example.com to see if we can get one into your next box! Also, try these white wines for red wine lovers!