The #1 Food and Wine Pairing
Pairing food + wine the correct way can make all the difference when it comes to the taste of both the food and the vino! So, what is your go-to food + wine pairing?
We asked the Bright Cellars employees this question and it was no doubt in their mind that cheese + wine would be number one.
Well the Bright Cellars crew got it kind of right this time! Here are the results:
- 43.6% of respondents said their favorite pairing is cheese + wine.
- 21.7% of respondents said their favorite vino pairing is red meat + wine.
- 17.2% of respondents said their #1 pairing is pasta + wine.
- 9.0% of respondents said their favorite pairing is chocolate + wine.
- 5.1% of respondents said their fav pairing is fish + wine.
- 3.4% of respondents said their favorite wine pairing is vegetarian/vegan food + wine
It is clear that people enjoy their cheese + wine! That doesn’t come as a surprise to us. Cheese is a great drinking buddy snack. Not only does cheese taste great with a perfectly paired glass of wine but it can also help prevent wine teeth when drinking red wine! Seems like a win-win situation to us!
Along with the Glass Half Full readers, we asked Bright Cellars’ Instagram followers the same question. Here are some of our favorite responses!
- Wine + wine I mean cheese
- Pasta! In fact any noodle dish! Stir fries, ramen, pad thai, etc.
- Option G: All of the Above!
- ???? + ????
Overall the answers were pretty much the same! Many felt that cheese + wine were their #1 food and wine pairing, and who can blame them?
Drop of Knowledge
Looking for more ways to pair your food + vino? Here are some guides to help get you started!
- 8 Amazing Cheese and Wine Pairings
- Pairing wine and BBQ for those red meat lovers.
- 9 Wine and Pasta Pairings
- Simple Chocolate + Wine Pairing Guide
- How to Pair Wine with Seafood
- 6 Sushi + Wine Pairings
- 10 Healthy Vegetarian Food Pairings
In Vino Finito
There are millions of ways to pair your food + wine and each has their own unique flair!
Missed out on this survey and want to get in on the next one? Subscribe to our daily newsletter, Glass Half Full.
Already subscribed? Come back every Monday for more fun wine-inspired questions!